Thursday, October 30, 2014

Back from Quilt Market!

I am sorry for my absence of late... but alas that magical time that comes bi-yearly for so many of us quilters... that time when blogs slow down and everyone is working on "secret projects" they can't and are too darned busy to talk about... has come and gone.  Yes, Quilt Market Houston 2014 is officially over and I am just now getting back into the swing of normal life.  This year I busied myself helping the lovely Leah Duncan piece and quilt an original quilt pattern for her booth which will be a free pattern eventually, so if you love this gorgeous design and these amazing fabrics as much as I do please follow Leah on Instagram  or check her Website for more info. 


I also got to do a School House to promote my book on Friday.  It was lots of fun to meet quilt shop owners and other quilters who were interested in learning more about my book.  I gave a 30 (ish) minute talk about my book, my thoughts on quilting and how best to go about learning it, and why this book will work excellent for classes in quilt shops because most of these small project patterns are quick and easy to put together, perfect for practicing quilting on, and can be turned into a useable item before the class session is over.   Here is a shot of me behind the podium giving my School House talk. 

On Saturday I got to shoot a promotional video for youtube and my book, I don't have a link for that yet, but I will share it once it is ready.  Then on Sunday I got to do 2 book signings, which were both lots of fun.  I really enjoyed getting to talk to people one on one and met so many wonderful people.  It was such a good time. 







I will share more of my Quilt Market Adventures in the next few days including some of the neat things I saw as well as old friends I reunited with and new ones I met!  I am also giving away some of the free patterns I got in my gift bag on my Facebook page so if you aren't already following me there please do.  I shared some of these pictures early with my Instagram followers, so if you want to see what's happening first be sure to follow me there too.

1 comment: